Monday, November 26, 2007

A New Use For Those New-Fangled Moving Pictures

So music videos have been a big part of music in the past couple of decades, but most really don't serve that big of a purpose. I mean MTV and VH1 hardly shows music videos anymore, and even when they do, its mostly bigger name (read:shit) songs. Well now-a-days artists don't have to even be on MTV to be popular. YouTube sparked things like the OK Go music video, and record companies and artists have started to take notice. And while music videos have been on youtube before, most of the time they're grainy and not great quality. Well now record companies have started to post the music videos themselves, in good quality. I can't complain, there have been countless times when I've wanted to watch a music video, only to not be able to find it anywhere, let alone in good quality. It works out for everyone; I get to watch the videos, artists get out there, and the record companies get a slightly better return on their investment. Just another way that the internet has helped rather then hinder music.

Here's an example: LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends

1 comment:

  1. Hey... thought I'd come check out the site. I'm diggin it...

    ReplyDelete