Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I Gave into The Buddha Machine

So I finally did it. I bought a Buddha Machine.

If you haven't heard yet the Buddha Machine is a hardware loop machine.

Basically FM3, an electronic group from China, programmed 9 of thier loops into a little handheld radio looking device (colors shipped randomly--awesome). You can select one of the 9 loops and play it through the attached lo-fi speaker or through the headphone jack. The droning loop will play continously until you turn the device off.

When I first heard of this thing and I figured it was just another hipster fad. After I read glowing reviews of the device time after time I went on ahead and threw down the $23 bucks this thing costed.

Apparently "Alan Bishop bought twenty-four of these on sight and Brian Eno bought eight". Add Klax to the list. It sounded like an interesting venture into mass produced experimental music. Plus there is nothing like having a take anywhere droning loop machine.

Full review to come when it arrives on Friday. Can't wait to see what color I get.

A new KWUR backup (droning) auto-rotation possible...

-Klax

No comments:

Post a Comment